The Pole of Direction


T.T.T.O. Ahavas Yisroel Doctor midos

I am an ancient rotting stump upon the camp’s front lawn
And if you look where I once stood you’ll see I’m all but gone
Where has the tree of knowledge gone I stand here in disgrace
How long am I to wait for all my signs to be replaced

CHORUS:
No matter, the weather
I stood on the front lawn so proud and so tall
I’ve been here, forever
I thought I would stay here and never would fall

A pole of termites and some wood once stood here on this site
From far and wide all came to see should they go left or right
But a big man has knocked me down with but a single heave
Now all the staff just come around to raise their voice and grieve

CHORUS

You come and stare at my old stump along the way to the square
You wonder when the camp will come and put a new tree there
While all my signs just sit and cry inside an old dark shed
With some old tools the long white bench and a mounted mooses head

CHORUS

Written by Reuven Deray

No comments:

Post a Comment